Welcome to the Arab European Leadership Network in Higher Education – ARELEN
Founded by Cardiff Metropolitan University in Partnership with the Association of Arab Universities
ARELEN is an outcome of the Tempus project "Leadership in Higher Education Management", co-ordinated by Cardiff Metropolitan University. Co-founded by Association of Arab Universities.
Universities in the Arab region are facing severe challenges relating to their future development. These challenges are the result of general trends in international higher education and broader societal changes, especially in recent times. Universities are operating in an international arena that requires sound management systems in order to respond adequately to an ever-growing demand for higher education provision, the need to maintain and further improve the quality of teaching and research.
Given the demographic development in the Arab region, whilst taking into account limited resources, Universities have to become more efficient and effective in their operations. This requires specific skills and competences for their current and future leadership. ARELEN serves as a network that will help universities and academics to be able to respond more effectively to the demands placed on them by society and current and future generations of students.
Updated: 19-01-2016 11:29 - Size: 3.47 MB
- ARELEN event in Oman
- Her Excellency, Dr Rawya Al Busaidi, Minister of Higher Education, Sultanate of Oman, visits Cardiff Met
- Beyond Erasmus Mundus - continuing CoOperation between the EU and the Middle East
- News Item 41
- News Item 40
- Dr Essa joins ARELEN
- ARELEN research leadership workshop success in Bahrain
Higher Education NewsThird-party feeds
- New Assistant Secretary General Trans
- Recommendations of the Workshop “Future of Arab Media in View of Modern Changes”
- Association of Arab Universities Participates in “Future of Arab Media” Workshop in Cairo
- Association of Arab Universities Participates in Workshop on Foreign Education in the Arab World Date of Publication 30 – 3 – 2017