Cardiff Metropolitan launches its second EU-funded TEMPUS project to enhance Leadership in the MENA regionNews |
Last week, Cardiff Metropolitan University officially launched its Building University Capacity in University Management (BUCUM) Tempus programme; a project that was selected for funding by The Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) for the sum of €1.1 Million in summer 2012.
BUCUM is the second TEMPUS project that Cardiff Met has coordinated in the MENA region, and demonstrates the experience and success the institution has in enhancing Leadership, governance and capacity building in the region.
The launch of the BUCUM project took place at Hassan II University – Casablanca, Morocco, one of the partners in the project. This project, which is a follow on from the Leadership in Higher Education Management TEMPUS Project, aims to mutually harmonise Higher Education systems across Morocco, Egypt, Lebanon and Libya; develop good management practices; build sustainable HE cooperation between nations and address the challenges of a global university in the 21st Century.
The project launch was attended by 22 partner universities and organisations from across the EU and MENA region, including Cardiff Met’s Student Union President and Vice President. “Being selected for a second project under the TEMPUS framework shows how dedicated and well established Cardiff Met is in the MENA region. With such an excellent network of partners, we as Cardiff Met have the opportunity to develop fruitful partnerships in the region.
Our latest project aims to support current and future leaders in developing competencies and skills needed to face the challenges of modern universities in 21st century.” comments Prof. Mohamed Loutfi, Pro Vice Chancellor – International, Cardiff Metropolitan University.
The BUCUM partners include:
- The Leadership Foundation, (UK)
- University of Salamanca (Spain)
- Ionian University (Greece)
- La Sapienza University (Italy)
- The European Students Union (Belgium)
- Magna Charta Observatory (Italy)
- Osel Consultancy (Italy)
- Shoofly Publishing (UK)
- Ministry of Higher Education in Egypt
- Alexandria University - Egypt
- Arab Academy for Science & Technology (AAST) - Egypt
- Suez Canal University - Egypt
- Ministry of Higher Education in Lebanon
- Lebanese University – Lebanon
- Modern University of Business & Science (MUBS) - Lebanon
- Ministry of Higher Education in Libya
- El Zawia University - Libya
- Misurata University - Libya
- Ministry of Higher Education in Morocco
- Hassan II University – Casablanca – Morocco
- Superior Institution for Science & Technology (SIST) – Morocco
- Cadi Ayyad university – Morocco