Workshop "Learning To Lead Adaptively" [25,26/02/2016, Arab Academy for Science and Technology, Alexandria, Egypt]Events | Duration: 25/02/2016 to 26/02/2016
Arab Academy for Science and Technology, Arab Institute for Leadership Development in collaboration with Arab European Leadership Network in Higher Education and Cardiff Metropolitan University presents an intensive two-day workshop entitled "Leadership Development Program", 25-26 February 2016, in Alexandria.
Learning to Lead Adaptively - a two-day workshop for educational leaders
Through the proposed workshop entitled “Lead Adaptively” we intend to give leaders and decision makers in universities & educational institutions useful insights and practical strategies needed to lead change more quickly and more successfully.
Learning to Lead Adaptively is offered to:
• Presidents/rectors/vice chancellors of universities who want to lead their organizations through change.
• Vice presidents/ pro-vice chancellors wanting to implement change initiatives.
• Senior officers who want to know how to bring strategies and skills of adaptive leadership and seek to enhance their own capacities for exercising Leadership.
Through a combination of case studies, discussions, small group work and guided reflection, participants should learn the strategies and skills of Adaptive Leadership, such as how to:
• Strengthen their ability to face internal resistance while implementing major changes in universities;
• Reorient basic work structures and establish a more creative university;
• Respond more effectively to changing social dimensions;
• Lead the people, who they serve, restructure themselves towards customer service;
• Find alternative ways to measure productivity and reconfigure promotion.
Dr Prasad has 38 years experience in higher education, equally split between polytechnic-level education and university education. His extensive experience covers technical and higher education and management.
He was the founding Principal/CEO of the highly innovative Temasek Polytechnic and Deputy President at the National University of Singapore. He was also Chief Executive of the National Library Board in Singapore for 6 years.
He is concurrently Adjunct Professor at the National University of Singapore (NUS) and SIM University (UniSIM). He also has an Honorary DSc from the University of Portsmouth and an award of Merit from the Government of Vietnam.
He is the recipient of many awards from governments and professional societies, including the Singapore Public Administration Medal (Gold).
Arab Academy for Science, Technology and Maritime Transport, Aboukir Campus.
Fees from outside Egypt: 800 USD
Including accommodation in 5 stars hotel- all meals and recreation- Gala dinner and certificate delivery- internal transportation
Nile cruise tour to Luxor and Aswan for interested participants
Fees from inside Egypt: 500 USD
Contact for Registration
Address: P.O. Box: 1029 - Miami Alexandria- Egypt
Dean of Arab Institute for Leadership Development (AILD)