Welcome to the Arab European Leadership Network in Higher Education – ARELEN!
ARELEN is an outcome of the Tempus project "Leadership in Higher Education Management", co-ordinated by Cardiff Metropolitan University. Co-founded by Association of Arab Universities.
Universities in the Arab region are facing severe challenges relating to their future development. These challenges are the result of general trends in international higher education and broader societal changes, especially in recent times. Universities are operating in an international arena that requires sound management systems in order to respond adequately to an ever-growing demand for higher education provision, the need to maintain and further improve the quality of teaching and research.
Given the demographic development in the Arab region, whilst taking into account limited resources, Universities have to become more efficient and effective in their operations. This requires specific skills and competences for their current and future leadership. ARELEN serves as a network that will help universities and academics to be able to respond more effectively to the demands placed on them by society and current and future generations of students.
Updated: 19/01/2016 11:29 - Size: 3.47 MB
- Beyond Erasmus Mundus - Continuing Cooperation between the EU and the Middle East
Duration: 07/09/2016 to 23/09/2016
- Forthcoming events to be posted soon
Duration: 05/08/2016 to 05/11/2016
- Governance and Advisory meeting
Duration: 05/09/2016 to 14/02/2017
Higher Education NewsThird-party feeds
- Membership Committee of the Association of Arab Universities Visits Somaliland Universities
- Somalia’s President Receives Dr. Abu Orabi and Accompanying Delegation in Mogadishu
- Association of Arab Universities Participates in the EU Tempus Program’s EQTEL Project Training Course
- Association of Arab Universities Participates in the EU Tempus Program’s MIMI Project Training Course